The West Midlands suffers from the second highest unemployment rate in the country. Inspired by the success of DWP's DataJam NorthEast, DataJam West Midlands is a 2-day hackathon, looking to address regional unemployment by harnessing the power of data to fully investigate the issue.
Join us at DataJam West Midlands, a highly interactive 2-day event combining hackathon, unconference and best practice exchange.
This event will bring together leading practitioners in employment support, policy makers, technical experts and researchers to take a new look at recurring questions with the help of data:
- How do we identify and develop the relevant skills in a dynamic labour market?
- How do we match capable but unemployed people with suitable opportunities?
- How do we support graduates to secure graduate level jobs?
Why should you attend?
What will DataJam achieve?
- Find out how you can harness the power od data and utilise the impact of data driven solutions
- Pitch your own challenge for a team to provide new insights
- Increase your knowledge through engaging workshops
- Network and discuss with open minded, inquisitive people
- Take back practical learning to your organisation
By bringing together public sector and third sector servic providers and data analysts, we can merge or correlate datasets from different sources to gain new insights into why people are jobless, when jobs are not being filled, what support needs to be given and who needs this support.
DataJam West Midlands is delivered in partnership by Birmingham City University, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), Microsoft and the West Midlands Combined Authority.
Please register via https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/datajam-west-midlands-tickets-64416242716?aff=ebdshpsearchautocomplete
Further details of the event programme will be shared shortly. By registering for this event you agree to receiving direct emails to update you on the event.