This is a two day Innovation course for medical, health and life science technologies – Open the door to business growth and personal development with Ascend Skills.
This course will help you optimise your innovation process to improve the probability of commercial success and increase your revenue up to three fold.
Discover ground breaking tools and methodologies to identify opportunities, uncover unmet clinical needs and learn how to translate these into product design.
Techniques covered include ethnography, lead users, competitor analysis, portfolio planning tools, concept enrichment and selection and business case preparation.
Click here to view the course training guide.
MEET THE TRAINERSWHAT DOES THE COURSE COVER?
The Ascend Skills Innovation course is delivered by sector experts at Medilink, Innovation Services Manager Dr Patrick Trotter PhD, MBA (Techmgmt) (who has over 20 years of working in R&D for SMEs and multinationals and has founded and run two technology and innovation consultancies for the healthcare sector) and Medilink North West Executive Dr Paul Watt (who has over 22 years of experience working as a Senior Executive within the health technology sector and is also a patented inventor in his own right).
- Why the UK fails to translate invention to innovation
- Innovation strategy and vision including portfolio planning Creating an innovative culture in your workplace
- Identifying unmet customer needs and translating these into concept design
- Evaluating new technologies
- Product life cycle extension
- Building the business case/research proposal
FULL COURSE DETAIL:
- What is innovation?
- Why is innovation important in growth of businesses?
- Barriers to Innovation
- Company vision and strategy
- Portfolio management (including BCG matrix, bubble diagrams and multi-generation product plans)
- Culture, rewards and recognition and team structure
- Market opportunity and unmet customer needs
- Needs analysis, need segmentation and prioritisation
- Converting needs in to product design (idea generation, enrichment and selection)
- NHS drivers and the value proposition
- Selling Ideas
- Assessing innovation in your own workplace
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Senior executives responsible for new product development
- Individuals/teams in R&D, marketing or operations roles
- Universities (Scientists, research and innovation teams, technology transfer, research and business engagement.)
- NHS staff (clinicians with ideas, procurement professionals, CCG’s who are involved with the evaluation of new technologies) NHS support organisations (CSUs, AHSNs etc.) and research institutions.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
Medilink Members - £495
Non Medilink Members - £595
Costs are exclusive of VAT
For more information contact the following
Vanessa Bailey, Events Coordinator, Medilink West Midlands: email@example.com
Rebecca Sharpe, Project Leader Marketing and Events, Medilink East Midlands: firstname.lastname@example.org