At Digital Birmingham, we believe in the power of data to drive innovation and collaboration. Our Data Charter is an essential step towards enabling easy and wider data sharing, promoting cross-sector collaboration, and supporting innovation throughout the city. By fostering a culture of data openness, we aim to unlock the full potential of Birmingham’s digital landscape. This initiative will revolutionize Council services by encouraging product adoption and sparking groundbreaking ideas. Join us in embracing the Data Charter, where data becomes a powerful tool for positive change. Together, we will shape the future of Birmingham and establish it as a leading hub for innovation and collaboration.
As part of the charter, we aim to:
- Encourage the sharing of open data from citizens, civil society, private sector organizations, and multilateral institutions.
- Create partnerships to support the release of open data and maximize its impact.
- Foster the development of tools and applications based on open data.
- Conduct research on the social and economic impacts of open data.
- Share technical expertise and experience with other governments and organizations around the world.
- Empower a future generation of data innovators by building capacity and encouraging users to unlock the value of open data.
Here are some of the specific actions we will take:
- We will create a repository for open data from multiple sources.
- We will develop tools to help people use open data.
- We will conduct research on the social and economic impacts of open data.
- We will share our expertise with other governments and organizations around the world.
- We will build capacity for data innovators inside and outside government.