The University of Birmingham
For more than a century, the University of Birmingham has been pursuing and sharing knowledge through outstanding teaching and world-leading research.
We are the original ‘redbrick’ University, part of the prestigious Russell Group; our thriving student population enjoys a wide range of courses, and exceptional campus and research facilities.
The 10 Nobel Laureates we count among our staff and alumni have contributed to some of science’s greatest discoveries, including in recent times the Higgs Boson and Gravitational Waves. Our research provides innovative solutions to the challenges we face in our city, our region and across the globe. We encourage and empower people to turn ideas into reality and make important things happen.
With world-class research and outstanding global education as our core mission, we will strive to increase the volume and quality of our research to make an even greater difference to the world around us. We will be the UK’s exemplary civic university, remaining firmly committed to our foundations in the highly diverse communities, people, and economy of the city of Birmingham and the West Midlands.
- Professor Adam Tickell, Vice-Chancellor, and Principal
- Professor Stephen Jarvis, Provost, and Vice-Principal
- Professor Deborah Longworth, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Education)
- Professor Hugh Adlington, Interim Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research and Knowledge Transfer)
- Professor Robin Mason, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (International)
- Professor Andrew Stockley, Pro-Vice-Chancellor, and Head of College (College of Arts and Law)
- Professor Mark Sterling, Interim Pro-Vice-Chancellor, and Head of College (College of Engineering and Physical Sciences)
- Professor William Bloss, Interim Pro-Vice-Chancellor, and Head of College (College of Life and Environmental Sciences)
- Professor David Adams, Pro-Vice-Chancellor, and Head of College (College of Medical and Dental Sciences)
- Professor Richard Black, Pro-Vice-Chancellor, and Head of College (College of Social Sciences)
- Mr Lee Sanders, Registrar and Secretary and Chief Operating Officer
- Ms Erica Conway, Finance Director
Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT
Tel: +44 (0)121 414 3344